Technologies make life easier. If you learn how to leverage on emerging technology you can build a viable business around that technology. Podcast is one of such technologies.
A podcast is a digital audio file made available on the internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device and is received by subscribers automatically.
Podcast are an effective, portable, convenient and intimate way to deliver and produce content, and to build ongoing relationships with your clients, employees and constituents.
There are enormous benefits of Podcasting. As a female entrepreneur you should be smart at what you do. Podcasting is a smart strategy to use to build brand visibility and consistency.
Here are 7 benefits of Podcasting.
- Podcasts make information personal.
In a podcast, the content is communicated directly to you, the listener, either verbally or through video. Thats a much more intimate way of getting information than reading it from an e-mail or document. This will make your listeners feel very important. It will make them connect better with your brand.
- Podcasts are convenient and easy to consume. Once you subscribe to a podcast feed, new podcasts are automatically downloaded to your computer as soon as they are available. You can listen to them at your convenience. This will be great if your audience are busy people.
- Podcastss cut costs. Because podcasts are delivered digitally, they eliminate many costs associated with other forms of communication including postage, printing, and paper. They can also reduce meeting costs and e-mail storage costs. They are easy to archive and updating them is quick and easy.
- Podcasting is a time-efficient form of communication. You can listen to podcasts while you do other things at work or at home, or during your commute. Some types of meetings can be eliminated in favor of podcasts, saving time and improving productivity.
- Podcasts are portable. Once a podcast resides on your computer, if your computer is portable, you can take the podcast with you and listen whenever or wherever you want. Or, you can transfer the podcast to a personal media player such as an iPod.
- Podcasting is an on-demand technology. Listeners decide what they want to hear, and when they want to hear it. This means that they are subscribe to your podcasts. This gives you the assurance that your listeners are getting the information you are pushing to them.
- Podcasts are one way to deliver on a social networking strategy. Your podcast subscribers are the core of your community and over time, they will be your best prospects for deepening the relationship.
Okay, now you see why Leveraging Digital Technology is great for your business.
Attend the next FIA meetup to learn new Digital skills to help you grow as an entrepreneur, career woman.
Have a great weekend.